Incisive Media and International Investment are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit: https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
International Investment Awards:
• 80% of ingredients are sourced from within 50 miles of Gibson Hall
• 100% of all vegetables come from Essex farms
• 100% of all meats are British sourced and organic, with all beef, chicken and turkey is farmed in the UK to Red Tractor Assurance standards
• Energy efficient LED lighting used in parts of Gibson Hall
• 75% of all waste is recycled
• Since the beginning of 2018, the venue has partnered with Plan Zheroes, a social network where relationships are built between food businesses and charities, to enable surplus food to be passed on to the homeless
• The pork and duck chosen for the evening meal are both organic and sourced from Gloucester and Albury.
• The wine at this event was chosen from Italy to be as close the UK as was possible. This was upgraded from the venues house wines which came from Chile and Australia.
International Investments' promise:
• Any signage at the event will be made with materials that can be recycled or are reusable
• All professional printing is printed on FSC-certified paper which is typically composed of virgin tree fibers and is guaranteed to be from sustainable forests so the health of the forest is maintained.